Skin Cancer Treatment in Pasadena, CA
Dr. Rigor has seen an increased need for skin cancer treatment in the communities of Pasadena, CA. We also service Los Angeles, CA. The outdoor lifestyle of living in southern California puts a greater number of people at risk for developing skin cancer. The condition can affect people of any age, and it has become the most common type of cancer in the United States.
I received a diagnosis of skin cancer. What treatment options are available through Rigor Dermatology & Laser Center?
Dr. Rigor understands that a skin cancer diagnosis brings fear to most people, and he strives to work very closely with his patients in Pasadena and Los Angeles, CA to ensure that they receive the highest quality care. He may recommend one or a combination of treatments. Some treatments are used to remove damaged layers of skin, including chemical peels and dermabrasion, while others, such as cryosurgery, remove the cancerous growths. Dr. Rigor may also recommend a topical chemotherapy lotion or cream to treat your skin cancer.
I don’t sunbathe, so am I at risk for skin cancer?
Skin cancer is caused by prolonged exposure to the sun, but some people are more prone to skin cancer than others, including those who have a family history of skin cancer. Other risk factors include:
- Fair skin with blonde or red hair.
- Being prone to sunburn easily, or having a severe sunburn in the past.
- Using tanning booths.
- Having moles, freckles or birthmarks.
- Having blue or green eyes.
What can I do to detect the early signs of skin cancer?
Dr. Rigor recommends monthly self-examines and annual screenings by a dermatologist. While performing a self-examine, you should look for the following signs:
- Asymmetry, where part of the mole is a different size.
- Border irregularity, where the outside of the mole is rough or blurry.
- Color, where the mole has more than one color.
- Diameter, where the diameter of the mole is more than 6 mm.